Steven Tyler Injured in Food Poisoning-Related Fall in Paraguay

Steven Tyler
Steven Tyler
Steven Tyler suffered facial injuries in the fall on Tuesday in a hotel while on tour in Paraguay, managers are associated with food poisoning.

"Steven Tyler suffered minor damage due to food poisoning," said Eric Sherman PEOPLE in a statement. "He was taken to hospital where he was treated and released."

The Aerosmith frontman and American Idol judge, 63, suffered facial injuries and lost two teeth after falling in his hotel bathroom, Reuters reported, citing a local newspaper.

Tyler received stitches and had emergency dental work. Aerosmith show is scheduled for Tuesday night in Paraguay the rescheduled for Wednesday.

"Steven wanted to apologize to her fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hope to see [Wednesday] night," says Sherman.

A messenger at a hotel in Tyler told a local radio station that Tyler fell when I was in the shower and "had a bad fall."

Tyler was flown to hospital in 2009 after falling from the stage during a concert in western South Dakota.